Colour: Black and Ivory
Style: Double Deck, Front Entrance
Interior: Top deck coach seating
1959 AEC Regent V
New to East Kent Road Car Company, Canterbury in 1959 this 72 seat front entrance fitted with Park Royal body operated on the Isle of Thanet and surrounding areas of Kent.
It was sold in 1971 to a small independent bus operator at St Helen near Bishop Auckland, County Durham. The new owner, Fred Lockey, adopted a very distinctive black/ivory colour scheme for his small fleet of buses and coaches with aluminium fleet nameplates on either side of the bus.
At Yorkshire Heritage we decided to retain this livery and this bus or "The Lockeys" as we call it, has proved to be very popular for wedding hire, particularly as it has coach seating on the top deck.