Yorkshire Heritage Bus Company – Terms and Conditions of Private Hire.
1. Operator. The Operator is Yorkshire Heritage Bus Company Limited, a company registered in England (company number 5781128).
Address: Unit 10, Thrum Hall Industrial Park, Albert Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire. HX2 0DB.
2. Hirer. A person or company hiring a Yorkshire Heritage Bus for a private function.
3. Private Hire. The booking of a Yorkshire Heritage Bus for a private function.
4. Contract. The details contained within the Confirmation of Booking for the Private Hire agreed between the Operator and the Hirer for a private function aboard a Yorkshire Heritage Bus together with these Terms and Conditions of Private Hire.
5. Driver. A suitably qualified person, employed by the Operator to drive a Yorkshire Heritage Bus for private functions.
6. Conductor. A suitable qualified person, employed by the Operator to travel in the main area of a Yorkshire Heritage Bus during Private Hire.
7. Passenger. Persons invited by the Hirer to a private function on board a Yorkshire Heritage Bus.
8. Vehicle. A Yorkshire Heritage Bus supplied by the Operator for a private function.
1. Quotations. All quotations are given in writing subject to the Operator having a suitable vehicle available at the time the Hirer
requests. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise stated.
2. VAT. No VAT is chargeable on Private Bus Hire.
3. Deposit. On acceptance of the Quotation a non-returnable Deposit is required. To secure your Booking for a bus or buses for a booking the deposit is 50% of your Quotation.
4. Confirmation of Booking. Receipt and acceptance by the Operator of the Deposit (or full payment if within 14 days of hire) secures the booking. The Operator will issue a written Confirmation of Booking, by e-mail or letter, which will include full details of the agreed hire and initiate the Contract with the Hirer. The Hirer should check the details of this Confirmation of Booking and notify the Operator immediately of any error or change requested. Private Hire is not confirmed until the Hirer is in receipt of a Confirmation of Booking from the Operator.
5. Balance of Payment. The Balance of Payment is due 14 days before the date of Private Hire unless the Operator has agreed in writing to vary the condition.
6. Drivers' Periods of Work. The hours and driving periods of each Driver are strictly controlled by law. A Driver's work is planned to comply with the regulations based on the agreed details of hire within the Confirmation of Booking. The Hirer should be aware that it may not be possible to vary these details at short notice.
7. Advance Variation of Hire. The Operator will endeavour to accommodate any requests to amend the Confirmation of Booking made in advance. Amendments accepted will be subject to Driver's Periods of Work and may be subject to additional charges. A new Confirmation of Booking will be issued for all accepted Advance Variations of Hire. If the Hirer seeks an Advance Variation of Hire which the Operator deems unreasonable or which cannot be agreed, the Operator may cancel the Private Hire in accordance with Cancellation by Operator below.
8. Last Minute Variation of Hire. Where a variation to the agreed Confirmation of Booking is requested on the day of Private Hire the Driver must always comply with the regulations. The Driver's decision to agree to or decline changes to the Confirmation of Booking is final. If the Vehicle is detained by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than detailed in the Confirmation of Booking, the Operator will make an additional charge commensurate will the additional time and mileage.
9. Departure Times. The Driver will depart as scheduled in the Confirmation of Booking. No liability will be accepted arising from the failure of any Passenger to board the Vehicle by the scheduled agreed departure time.
10. Route of Vehicle. Unless agreed in the Confirmation of Booking, the route taken by the Driver of the Vehicle will be determined by the Operator. Unless stated in the Confirmation of Booking the Hirer should not assume that the Vehicle will remain at the destination until the time scheduled for the return journey.
11. Substitution of Vehicle. In view of the nature of the Yorkshire Heritage Bus fleet, the Operator cannot guarantee that Vehicle specified in the Confirmation of Booking will be available. The Operator reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle or sub-contract the Private Hire to an alternative provider where necessary to fulfil the Contract. The substitution would be made in agreement with the Hirer and no additional charge would be made.
12. Breakdown or Delay. In view of the nature of the Yorkshire Heritage Bus fleet and local traffic conditions, the Operator cannot guarantee journey times. The Operator will schedule journey times and use its best endeavours to operate to the schedule agreed in the Confirmation of Booking. The Operator does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay.
13. Cancellation by Operator. In the event of an emergency or other unforeseen circumstance which prevents the Private Hire, the Operator may return all monies paid and, without further liability, cancel the Contract. The Operator will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil the Contract using alternative vehicles or drivers in consultation with the Hirer wherever possible.
14. Seating Capacity. Under no circumstance will the Driver carry any Passengers in excess of the marked carrying capacity of the Vehicle. Where a Conductor is on board a seat must be reserved for their use. No standing Passengers will be carried except in an emergency.
15. Passenger Conduct. The Driver and Conductor are responsible for the safety of the Vehicle and the Passengers. Their instructions must be complied with at all times. Any Passenger whose conduct is in breach of the statutory regulations will be asked to leave the Vehicle and may be removed on the authority of the Driver or Conductor. The Hirer will be responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any Passenger.
16. Alcohol. Alcoholic drinks may not be carried in or consumed on the Vehicle except with the prior written express permission of the Operator. Conditions stated when granting such permission must be adhered to.
17. Smoking. Government legislation is that no smoking is allowed on the Vehicle.
18. Animals. Animals, except Guide or Assistance Dogs, will not be carried on the Vehicle.
19. Personal Property. The Operator will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of Passenger's Personal Property which is left on the Vehicle. Any Personal Property found and recovered from a Vehicle will be held by the Operator. Collection of claimed Personal Property must be arranged with the Operator.
20. Complaints. Any Complaint should be made to the Operator in writing within 10 working days of the Private Hire. The Complaint will be acknowledged by the Operator within 10 working days and the Operator will aim to resolve any Complaint within 28 days of receipt.
21. All Confirmation of Bookings for Private Hire and these Terms and Conditions should be interpreted subject to English Law. Any waiver by the Operator of any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not prejudice exercise of that, or any other right.